The simplest way to upgrade your bathroom is to change the hardware and paint. Doing this lets you update your bathroom’s look and feel. Modernizing your bathroom doesn’t have to be a drawn-out process. A few quick changes can transform your bathroom in no time.
- Adding new paint to your bathroom makes it look more modern. Choose light gray, light brown, or white for a modern look in your bathroom. After the paint dries, you can add artwork, accessories, and anything else you’d like to add to your open canvas.
- Many modern bathroom decor accessories go overlooked by people but are nonetheless important. This includes soap dispensers, towel rods, and other minor details in the design. Try to keep an overarching style or theme since it is easy for random decor to make your bathroom look cluttered instead.
- Adding a modern, minimalist style to your bathroom doesn’t have to cost a lot. It could be as simple as switching your towels to white or off-white, giving you more flexibility in the colors you can use.
- When it comes to towels and shower curtains, keeping them design-free is preferable. Avoid using patterns and instead stick with solid colors, as the latter looks better with a modern bathroom.
- Replacing your exhaust fan streamlines the appearance of your bathroom and improves function. In addition, replacing your bathroom fan with an upgraded model adds more light and air to the room.
- Adding modern shelves to your bathroom allows you to display plants as well as other decor. Plus, they provide additional storage space. Consider how the style you pick complements your other design decisions.
While it might be tempting to get a remodel to improve the look of your bathroom, this often does not give the expected return on investment that homeowners want. By starting out with the simple steps we outlined in this article, you won’t spend a lot of money and you can still get a brand-new look. Of course, regularly cleaning and maintaining your bathrooms will also have a huge impact.